Sunday, September 27, 2009

An Ode to My Wardrobe

One of my favourite things to do is to peruse blogs in search of fashion and wardrobe inspiration. It's a fun way to squirrel away the afternoon and come up with the dream wardrobe I hope to attain. At the same time I realized that it's not very constructive to dream up the perfect wardrobe when I have amazing pieces that should be given their due.

To begin with, my boyfriend blazer:
These pictures are super old by the way

The story goes that it belonged to my mom, but two years ago she gave it to me when it got too small for her. I rolled up the sleeves, added some buttons and it became my own. This [and maybe a scarf] could instantly perk up my usual outfit of jeans and a t-shirt. Needless to say I wore it a lot.

Over the summer though, my dog peed on it. It had to be dry-cleaned and I didn't get it back until just the other day. I wore it out, and felt pretty bad ass and confident that I looked like a chic 20 year old university student. When I got home my housemate Mike, out of nowhere, immediately told me that it made me look five years older. I asked if that was a good thing and he kind of shrugged, but he still said I looked 25, which is cool since I normally look about 16. Plus it helped reaffirm my thought process that I do look awesome in it.

Now I'm not doing this to brag about my "awesome" clothes. Far from it. I just want to make a feature that reminds me that I don't need to buy this or that and suddenly I'll be this chic person. But in fact shows that I have plenty of things that make me feel good already right in my own closet. My university student budget doesn't always allow frivolous spending, and if your budget doesn't allow it either, perhaps you should also catalogue your feel-good outfit options.

With love and cupcakes
Cathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment