Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Found: Le Love

"February is mid-winter. February 14th is mid-February. Therefore February 14th is mid-mid winter, the bleakest day of the year. Also love is celebrated" - Lemony Snicket Calendar

This is my first Valentine's day single in awhile. Although, my ex-boyfriend wasn't even in the country last time. Well neither was I. I was in Florida with my family so it wasn't the pity fest it could have been at the time.

Now, I have mixed feelings about the holiday. I like the sentiment but hate the execution. I'm not the type of girl that expects flowers, and candy or anything expensive on the day. [And as a side note, diamonds are the worst thing you can get a girl for Valentine's Day. I mean how are you going to top that? You're setting yourself up for failure there]. My ex and I didn't make a big deal of it, because our anniversary was like 10 days afterwards anyway, but in general I'd save the fancy dinner for a day like your anniversary anyway when restaurants aren't so crowded.

So, I don't know what my plans are. I feel like a movie night with my single roommates are in order. With treats and stuff. Yup, let's celebrate with copious amounts of junk food. And perhaps scary movies. That sounds delightful.

With love and candy hearts
Cathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment