Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Badass Chick: Peaches


Now this was a hard choice between having decide between Lady Gaga or Peaches. They are both excellent musicians and badasses in their own right. I am more inclined towards Peaches though, because she's Canadian and her music is raunchy and awesome.
A woman like Peaches is hard to put into words. She's just... Peaches. An unapologetic master of subversion with albums such as "Fatherfucker" and "Impeach My Bush". She's not afraid to write explicitly about sex and gender roles. Peaches is not your typical female artist. She's no delicate flower, erasing the line between sexy and trashy. She makes trash look good.
A former schoolteacher, Peaches didn't achieve mainstream success until her early thirties with the release of "The Teaches of Peaches" in 2000. Her sound is hardcore, ass-kicking rock you can dance to. What more could you ask for?

Selected Listening:

"Operate"
"Boys Wanna Be Her"
"Operate"
"Kick It" - featuring Iggy Pop

With love and glow-sticks
-Cathryn

4 comments:

  1. I don't know that we've ever spoken (we went to the same high school), but I just randomly came across your blog. It's a bummer that you haven't written in awhile, but I'm going to keep it bookmarked anyways, just in case. I don't really have much to say, but just wanted to leave a note to let you know that I think you're awesome. And FYI, always have! In fact, you're one of those people I always wished I had gotten to know better. I'm aware this is totally random, but figure it might get a smile - and is the truth, of course!

    Hope you decide to post some more!
    - The girl that sat behind you in philosophy.

    PS: You should totally make an anonymous option for blog comments. That took a lot of effort to make this anonymous. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll work on the anonymous commenting, I was getting a lot of spam. How did you come across this by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that someone was following you on twitter, so clicked and read through some of your tweets (er, I have no idea how people can talk about "tweets" with a straight face lol). One of them linked to here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha yeah. I'm sort of over twitter. It's so odd.

    Also anonymous comments have been enabled.

    ReplyDelete