Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Badass Look

Now feel free to take this advice with a grain of salt. Whenever I read fashion wish-lists or must-haves, I always take a note thinking "I need this and this and this, or else my wardrobe is incomplete...". I almost never follow through or I end up buying something that I hardly ever wear, which does not fit with my "buy what you love" philosophy.
The key to the badass look is confidence. If you're not confident in what you're wearing than how are you going to feel invincible? I'm sure you've seen this before, so I'm not going to reiterate anymore.

The badass look doesn't require studs, or leather or skulls of that sort, unless that's what you're into. The important thing is to develop your own sense of style. You don't see people taking over the world in sweatpants, so one should try and put in an effort everyday to look put together.

Stylish items that I consider part of my badass look are:
-Dark denim skinny jeans
-A fitted blazer
-Aviator sunglasses

-Tall boots
-Converse
-A scarf
-Black
I'm a class act. Straight up.
-V-neck t-shirts
-Button down shirts

I suppose the list could go on and on. These are things I look and feel good in. Compared to others though, my style is relatively simple. I wear minimal patterns or textures and tend to shy away from uber-bright colours [except for red obviously]. When I do experiment, which I do from time to time, I like to go on a badass walk [with the playlist and aviators], just to give myself a lift, and not fall into my neurotic trap of self-doubt.

Now, you don't need to follow this particular list. If you're sense of style is more feminine and floral or androgynous or goth, that's fine of course. Although, I do think that people need to leave exercise clothes for working out. Nor are Crocs stylish or badass. But that's my opinion.

If you need help defining your personal style there are some great articles out there such as one posted on Charade recently. Inspiration boards or folders are a good start too.
Just remember that when you feel good, you look good and that's all the matters.

With love and fabric
Cathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment