Tuesday, January 11, 2011

In which cat-callers talk fashion

Picture this:

Here I am, walking down one of the shiftier areas of Toronto at approximately 10 pm. I have just finished a session of bikram yoga, and the sky has decided to litter snowflakes like it's nobody's business.

Out of the blue, a young man in a hoodie walks past me and says:

"That scarf is working for you."

My first thought was, "was he insulting me?" albeit in jest considering the amount of my neck that is exposed to the elements.

My second thought was "was that a compliment?" Was he trying to tell me that he likes my scarf, in his own odd way? Perhaps.

My third thought was my amusement that my first assumption is that he was putting me down. I think that highly of myself that I can't even accept a simple compliment from a possible street urchin. Go Cathryn!

In the end, I like the cut of this guy's jib. He must be rather fashion forward to recognize the suitability of my scarf. And of course you would hear scarf compliments in Canada. So thank you random guy! I do believe my scarf is working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment