Saturday, January 22, 2011

Run for your life


Athleticism is not something that comes naturally to me. I definitely remember playing basketball and hating it because of all the running up and down the court. I did track and field for a couple of weeks before I lost interest. I even tried out for the volleyball team with one freaking kneepad on. Needless to say, I was not much of a joiner after that.

That doesn't mean that I reject exercise in all its forms. I just wish I could be better at it.

Have you ever seen the climax in 28 Days Later, set to John Murphy's "In the House - In a Heartbeat"? That scene is so fucking intense. It's this visceral experience where the music builds and builds as everyone is running around the mansion in a panic.

I was watching Inception the other night, and this isn't a new idea for me, but I got inspiration in a new form. Imagine how sick it would be to create a jogging playlist to the epic music you hear in movies. Not necessarily action movies but those are a good start. I feel like the best motivation to get me running is to imagine myself as some badass running after or away from some bad guys including, but not limited to murderers, monsters or zombies.

I'm sure it would beat any Pussycat Dolls or Kesha or whatever you have on your iPod.

It's also the closest you'll probably get to having a soundtrack to your life.

I made an 8 tracks mix for it.


It's a starting off point, I wanted to use songs from movies and then I realized I didn't have that many that were fit for running. Some techno, dubstep music would be just as effective. I'll probably make another one for more inspiration.

Okay, now get off your ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment