Thursday, January 21, 2010

Things I Love Thursday: January 21, 2010


Ottawa anticipation
Just bought my train ticket to go visit my friends up in the capital. I'm not fond of Ottawa as a city, but I'm excited for beaver tails and 24 hour diners and my friends spy-themed party. I'm going as a femme fatale. Shh don't tell anyone.

Enlightening conversations with friends
On Sunday night, I had a nice chat with my roommate Logan. It first started with asking about his painting and then it grew into talking about goals and life. I like those conversations. I mentioned how I was interested in writing a book and I was telling him my ideas and he was really receptive to the whole thing. It was a nice kick in the pants, and I've been writing steadily ever since. It feels really good actually.

Road trip playlists
I want to go on a road trip across Canada. In fact that's one of my goals for my twenties. I need to get a group of friends and a van, and hit the road. I'm torn between going out east or out west, and as much as I'd like to go east first then west, that might not be practical. We'll see! For now I'm making a playlist filled with songs I want to listen to, which I will probably divide into other subcategories depending on the time of day. Because I'm anal like that.

I'd also like to make some games and plan sights to see. Most likely "World's Largest Things". Make some road-trip bingo, and get a wacky journal to log everything, for which we'll yell log it at random intervals a la Brendan Leonard. I'm getting hyper just thinking about it.

With love and road maps
Cathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment