Wednesday, December 2, 2009

An Ode to My Wardrobe: The Red Cardigan

Continuing with my series to document my cherished wardrobe items, my next item is my beloved red cardigan.

The time I found this gem is hazy. I think I was 14 or 15, maybe even 16. But I know I got it at a Giant Tiger in Napanee with my Dad and step-mom. They told my sister and I that we could pick out an item, and I found this little red cardigan for ten dollars. At the time I was trying to move away from my punk, tomboy phase, and I really liked Amber Tamblyn's wardrobe on Joan of Arcadia.

I've probably worn it hundreds of times, as it's perfect in its simplicity and ability to spice up an outfit. I definitely wore it on my first date with my ex-boyfriend two years ago and when I saw Metric almost four years ago. It's been with me for what feels like forever.
Although it's cheapness has been starting to show for the past few years, where stitching is coming apart, I can't bear to part with it, and fix it the best I can.

Red is the perfect attention grabber. And for that reason, I'm going to try to hold onto it a little longer.

With love and buttons
Cathryn

2 comments:

  1. It's a lovely cardigan! I have a purple one and could wear it more often if I had more purple stuff to match with it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Also may I ask why you feel the need to match it with purple stuff? Depending on the shade of the purple it could probably work well with most other colours.

    ReplyDelete