Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

Credit: Unknown

So this year flew by so fast. It feels like I read all those "make 2009 the best year" lists yesterday. When I look back on the year, I can't help but have fond feelings for it.

This year I discovered that I have exceeding potential and that I'm brave enough to make huge changes in my life. I transferred to a different school, moved into a house full of strangers and broke up with my first love.

I also know that I'm brave enough to overcome my irrational neuroses, and can do things on my own. Like go to a party by myself.

I made a ton of new friends and reconnected with old ones. Worked at a job I loved.

I had a real first date, my first semi-walk of shame [it's not a walk of shame if he walks you home, right?] and my first taste of alcohol.

I learned to love myself, and realized I'm probably more attractive than I give myself credit for [I was referred to as hot for the first time ever].

I succeeded and I failed some times, but I learned a lot, especially about myself.

I laughed a lot as well.

I developed a more positive outlook on life. I realized I have to stop over thinking things and now I know I can do just about anything, and that makes me happy.

I remember something I said during my job interview in May, I want to have as many different experiences that I can. I think I did just that this year, and I hope to for many years to come.

So cheers to 2009 and whatever 2010 has in store for us.

Make a radical change in your lifestyle & begin to boldly do things which you may previously never have thought of doing, or been too hesitant to attempt. So many people live within unhappy circumstances & yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, & conservation, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, & hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new & different sun. If you want to get more out of life, you must lose your inclination for monotonous security & adopt a helter-skelter style of life that will at first appear to you to be crazy. But once you become accustomed to such a life you will see its full meaning & its incredible beauty.” — Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild. [Found on Gala Darling]


With love and noise makers
Cathryn

2 comments:

  1. Your accomplishments from this year reminds me of all the stuff I did this year too. It was pretty productive, to say that least. I hope you have a happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I hope you have a lovely new year as well.

    ReplyDelete