Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Boyfriend Sweater

Forget boyfriend jeans [which I don't understand as a marketing tool, because they're just baggy jeans and I don't think I'd ever want to wear a boyfriend's pants], I have something better.

The boyfriend sweater is a preppy-ish striped crew neck sweater. Something that would be fitted on him, and casually baggy in the perfect way on a girl. This is sort of a concept I came up with two years ago [and forgot about as my ex didn't own sweaters like this]. It was February, and I had let my friend borrow my cardigan. I was only wearing a t-shirt under my jacket, and when I arrived at this [really] cute guy's house he lent me a sweater like this:


And I fell in love. It was comfortable and something I could totally see myself "borrowing" from my significant other all the time.

At the moment, I'm not looking to be anyone's girlfriend, so I suppose I'll have to wait a little longer, before this clothes fantasy can be fulfilled. I don't want to go out and buy a guy's shirt because I want it to be authentic. It would be perfectly lived in already. Like an extension of him. Okay I'll stop being so mushy.

With love and knits
Cathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment