Thursday, December 24, 2009

Things I Love Thursday: December 24, 2009

The holidays
I've been home since Saturday, and not had any academic commitments since last Tuesday. It's been sweet.

Catching up with old friends
Had a get-together with my friends on Tuesday. Most of them I hadn't seen since the summer. It's great how we just slip into old habits. It's like we see each other all the time. At the same time I wish we'd see each other more, which I hope happens over the next year.

P.G. Wodehouse's Thank You, Jeeves
My friends and I are big fans of Stephen Fry. He is hilarious. You may know him from appearances in V for Vendetta or Bones, but he's very popular in Britain for his shows A Bit of Fry and Laurie, and Jeeves and Wooster with Hugh Laurie. To make a long story short the show inspired me to read some of the books it's based on, and it's amazing. So delightfully British and old-timey as it's set in pre-WWII Britain. I like being able to read for pleasure.

Merry Christmas Eve!


With love and turkey legs
Cathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment