Monday, December 21, 2009

Top 5: Holiday Movies

In no particular order:

Christmas Vacation
My Dad owns this movie and I'm pretty sure we watched it year round. It is the funniest Christmas movie I've ever seen. Acting like Clark Griswald is now a running joke in my family.

A Muppet's Christmas Carol
I have fond memories of watching this on TV as a child. I can't really watch it any other way. It has to be on TV with all the commercials. I'm particular like that.

The Royal Tenenbaums
This isn't specifically in a Christmas setting. In fact the seasons seem to jump around wildly in a short span of time. However, the characters are often seen wearing thick jackets and they play Christmastime is Here twice. And the CBC used to play this late at night around Christmas.

The Nightmare Before Christmas
You can try watching it on Halloween, which I have done, but the plot is more Christmas focused despite the dark atmosphere. It's an odd choice, but it's fun all the same. Beautiful even.

Home Alone
I have a hard time getting over the first little bit, because the whole family is obnoxious and insolent. I know it's supposed to serve a purpose, but would an uncle really call a small child a jerk for spilling some drinks, nor would they completely dismiss a police officer standing at the front door.

Everything after that is well done. My favourite scene is the one in the church when they play Carol of the Bells.

With love and candy canes
Cathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment